Vintage decor can be added to any home or room. When you put touches of vintage style within your home it adds a sense of history,
cottage charm and visual interest. By adding antiques, collectibles, flea market finds, and estate sale items you can make your home into a unique
A vintage style home may have furniture that resembles that which you might find in a Shabby Chic style home, but vintage inspired dÃ©cor
incorporates wonderful accessories and accents in a unique way that makes you feel as though you may have stepped back in time.
This decorating style is about embracing the things of the past and enjoying them just as they are with no need to spruce them up.
With a bit of time and creativity, you can put together a beautiful vintage style home.
Flea markets, estate sales, salvage shops, consignment shops, and antique stores are all excellent sources for finding vintage finds.
Here is a list of items you may find in these places and use in your vintage style decorating theme.
Vintage Decorating Ideas
- Pewter compacts in varying sizes and shapes
- Vintage purses and handbags
- Antique game boards framed as wall art
- Linens with cabbage roses, calico prints from the 1930′s and 1940′s, and grain bag patterns
- Oilcloth table coverings
- Roller towel racks and wooden folding towel racks
- Blue and white speckled cooking pots
- Vintage handkerchiefs
- Dishes with a rose motif
- Vintage style lamps with lampshades embellished with cording, fabric, and fringe or beading
- Old books stacked or placed in shelves for display (and reading!)
- Vintage style jewelry displayed on a mannequin or in shadow boxes
- Straw hats as a collection
- Antique aprons hung in the kitchen
- Butter churns
- Antique washboards
- Collections of vintage buttons or orphaned keys
- Old kitchen utensils used as decorating accents
- Heavy candlestick holders
- Large trunks to hold everything from firewood to antique quilts
- Crocheted or tatted doilies in the kitchen, parlor, or bedroom
- Colored glassware and canning jars
- Claw foot tubs
- Wire baskets for storage or display purposes
- Sachets in drawers, bathrooms, or as a collection
- Antique photo frames and mirrors
- Vintage clothing displayed on a mannequin or wall
- Rocking horses of yesterday in a child’s room
- Vintage rugs and wall hangings
Vintage decorating is characterized by a feminine and romantic touch.
If you love things from the past, vintage inspired decor allows you to surround yourself with beautiful and
unusual items that may otherwise be stuck in a trunk in the attic.
Vintage accessories bring the treasures of years gone by into your home and create a warm and inviting atmosphere for you and your guests to enjoy.