Fall is an excellent time to stock up your pantry. By filling up the shelves ahead for autumn season you won’t only save money but time when the busier holiday festivities begin. I like to look now for sales at my local grocery store on nonperishable pantry items, and even make room in my freezer for items that can be frozen ahead. As I was starting my stash the other day, I came up with a list of my ideal pantry collection, and thought I would share it with you as well.
I have put together a list of suggestions to get you started, and you can add whatever suits your family needs and your pre-holiday planning. And, just wait till Thanksgiving and Christmas arrive, when you will feel so organized and less stressed knowing you have done some prepping ahead of time. Everyone will wonder how it is you look so relaxed and put together!
Pantry Stock List Ideas
- Soup Stocks
- Beans, dry pastas, rice
- Apple cider, cranberry juice, citrus juices.
- Baking mixes, cake mix, brownie mix, scone mixes.
- Canned Pumpkin, pumpkin pie filling
- Fall Spices: cinnamon. Cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, ginger pumpkin pie spice
- Baking ingredients: flour, sugar, yeast, chocolate, chocolate chips, other baking candy, nuts, raisins, coconut, vanilla.
- Paper products. Paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils for quick dinner nights.
- Holiday paper plates and napkins in solid colors that can work for any occasion.
- Cloth napkins, placemats, tablecloths. Gather what you have and see if they need to be laundered or ironed now.
- Candles for the fall ambience, the dining table, for decorating, and emergencies. Votives, tea-lights, tapers, and pillars work well for all kinds of occasions.
- Water bottles, bottles of juices, sparkling cider.
For The Freezer
Things you could stock up on and put in the freezer would be:
- Beef and poultry for soups and main dishes.
- Butter for baking.
- Frozen fruits for pies and desserts. Frozen juices would be great for those holiday beverages, frozen vegetables for casseroles and soups, and frozen pie crusts and pastry sheets for baking.
- Breads and rolls will freeze well for all meals and sandwiches on the go.
- Pre-made casseroles. and main dishes. Make up an extra pan the next time you make lasagna or a main dish casserole and pop one in the freezer to use when things get more hectic, and you are running out the door to a game or party.
Have fun getting your fall pantry stocked up for the Fall season, then give yourself a pat on the back that you are so prepared!
This post was adapted from my brand new Autumn Bliss book with over 200 ways to celebrate the Fall season with faith, home, and family!
You can learn more about the Autumn Bliss book HERE.