Pumpkin and cranberries are a match made in heaven. The mixture of sweet and tart are divine, and this pumpkin cranberry bread is no exception. Seriously this is one of the best fall breads I have ever made and eaten. Not to mention you can make it gluten free and no taste or texture will be compromised here. One simple ingredient change and you can make this gluten free.
This is a very moist and wonderfully dense pumpkin bread that my entire family is raving about, even the young kids love this bread. You have to give it a try! It is so simple and did I mention delicious?
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- (for Gluten Free I use Pamela’s Artisan Flour in place of all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 cups of granulated sugar ( I use raw organic)
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 5 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 1 cup of canola oil
- 1 cup of dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pans. Set the pans aside.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set this aside.
- Beat the pumpkin, sugars, eggs, juice, and oil just enough to blend the ingredients together.
- Stir this mixture into the flour mixture until all ingredients are moistened.
- Mix in the cranberries at this point.
- Divide the batter into the two loaf pans.
- Place the pans into the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans on racks for approximately 10 minutes, at this time remove the loaves of bread from the pans and place them on the racks.
- Serve warm or let cool completely first.
- We love ours with real butter spread on top
- An optional version of this recipe adds fresh or dried chopped apple, along with or in place of the dried cranberries
This recipe make 2 loaves. You might want to try it as muffins as well.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try. I can’t wait to get your feedback.
You can find lots more fall recipes like this in my Autumn Bliss book!