Fall has definitely arrived here in the Northwest, and we are having cool rainy days. With the autumn crisp days I get the notion to start baking and cooking up comfort foods for the family. I have had pumpkin and all things Fall on the brain for a month already since working on Autumn Bliss, and couldn’t wait to create a new seasonal recipe. I thought it would be fun to bake up a pumpkin bread that incorporated bananas and chocolate. What could be better?
This recipe you see here is the results of my baking venture today, and it turned out really good! This pumpkin bread is very moist and comforting and a winner in my book. It can be baked up in loaves or muffins. I hope you will enjoy this autumn bread recipe.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
Makes 2 large loaves or 4 mini loaves, or 24-30 muffins.
- 4 ripe mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2-2/3 Cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar or Sucanat
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 12 oz bag mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease pans or muffins tins, or line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl. Set aside
- In another bowl stir together mashed bananas, eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, honey, and sugar until well mixed.
- Add banana mixture to dry flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips into batter (and nuts if desired)
- Pour batter into 2 greased 9×5 inch loaf pans, or 4 mini loaf pans, or 24-30 muffin/cupcake tins prepared with cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for time allotted below.
- For large loaf pans bake 60-75 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
- For mini loaf pans bake 45-60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
- For muffins bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool loaves or muffins for 10 min then remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Let me know if you give this unique pumpkin bread recipe a try. I would love to hear about your results.