What is your favorite color scheme? The color pink is a warm and soothing color palette to use in your home. You might be surprised at all the ways you can create a pink color scheme in new ways you never thought about. I have gathered up some inspiration for pink room ideas and to get your creative juices flowing and thinking about using this lovely shade for a room of your home.
The Color Pink Is…
When you think of the color pink do you envision cotton candy and bubble gum? Maybe a pink color scheme reminds you of roses and tulips. Pink is always known for it’s romantic feel. When we see shades of pink we see softness and warmth, but you might be surprised where you can use a pink color scheme. I find ways to sneak the color pink in many shades in my home even in a house of boys! You might want to use some shades of pink and add charm to a room or two.
Where Could You Use Pink Room Ideas?
- Pink is a great color for bedrooms and bathrooms.
- As an accent color in pillow, curtains and throws
- A pink color scheme is great in bathrooms as it compliments the skin gives a warm glow.
- It is a great choice for a bedroom as it makes for a romantic feel.
- Pink has been a long time favorite for girls rooms also.
- With today’s popular Shabby Chic and vintage style looks people are using pink color schemes in many areas of the house, even the kitchen.
A Few Fun Facts About The Color Pink
- Pink actually combats anger. Yes, it will calm people down, and even the brightest shade of pink is good for this. I know this is surprising since pink is in the red family. It just doesn’t have the same effect as red even in it’s brightest form.
- Pink actually makes things taste sweeter. This is why it is used in bakeries and you see the ever famous pink bakery boxes. It is even said that if you put a baked good on a pink plate it will taste sweeter.
- They say that the color pink adds personal value to things.
More Pink Room Ideas
Of course we always think of pink for a girl’s bedroom. I like this version with a fusion of fun shades of pink.
I love the infusion of this hot pink chair in this living room, making a big statement!
What about using warmer shades of pink that become warm peachy tones? This bedroom would be a relaxing,warm, and cozy place to rest. Wonderful and yummy!
I love this vintage style bathroom with the classic pink toile wallpaper, paired with brighter pinks and greens. So fresh and playful.
This living room is proof that pink can look classic and elegant, and I like the way they used just enough of the color without overwhelming the room. Soft and beautiful.
So, what do you think? Could you use pink somewhere in your home?
I hope you have fun decorating with a pink color scheme and find new inspiration to use the color pink somewhere in your home!