Day 6: Displaying Beauty
Are you ready to begin blooming? This is where the process of our journey really gets exciting, where we as sisters start to see the beauty revealed. Now we can see our hearts begin to soar and we can stand tall, with beautiful blooms that display God’s goodness.
What I have been sharing with you over these past six posts is the fruit and the evidence of what God has been teaching me over years. As you know this hasn’t been easy for me, and is not for any of us, but if we will take the time to go through the steps and process to be free in Christ, we will truly be beautiful.
Let’s take a look at how we arrived at this point…
- Day 1. We accepted our season of life we are in right now, asking God to help us move forward.
- Day 2. We cultivated the fallow ground. pulling up weeds and debris that needed to be removed.
- Day 3. We planted seeds of Truth. Not being defined by our past, and beginning the process of looking forward.
- Day 4. Next we washed our minds with the Word, beginning the “Rinse and Repeat” process to a new way of thinking.
- Day 5. We acknowledged the need to nourish our souls. Learning to love ourselves, and make certain things in life a priority.
So What Makes a Woman Beautiful?
Over the years, I have observed women who I considered deep women of faith, and godly in character, and I always noticed how truly beautiful they were. Not beautiful by the world’s standards,but by God’s. These women had a grace and poise about them, full of confidence, and calmness, exhibiting an assurance of who they were. These women also were full of influence and very fruitful in ministry.
So I asked myself, what was the common underlying character they all possessed? It came down to one simple truth, they knew who they were in Christ, and it had transformed them from the inside out. They knew the Bible so well, and had let it’s truth penetrate their entire being and it showed.
I knew that was what I desired, and that I wanted to move from complacency to completeness. I think that is the cry of all of us women, to find the place where we aren’t full of fear, defeat, and condemnation, but we are truly fruitful.
How Does A Woman Of Beauty Act?
- She is slow to speak
- She is controlling her anger
- She has a kind and gentle spirit
- She is respecting her husband
- She is instructing her children
- She has a heart of worship
- She is respected
- She has fun
- She is full of joy
- She is content
- She is serving
- She is confident
Scripture of the Day: Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4
Question of the Day:What are ways that you would like to be displaying beauty in your life?
Prayer of the Day: Dear Lord, I pray that you would truly transform me from the inside out, so that I can display the beauty of who you are. That my own selfish ambitions would fade away so that I can shine for you. I am so grateful for your power to restore and heal the broken places in my life, so I can be made whole, and then bloom wherever you have planted me.
In your precious name, Amen
Life In Bloom Link Up
For those who are joining in to link up today, feel free to link up any post that celebrates your life in bloom! This can be any post from the week on faith, parenting, marriage, or something you feel will be a blessing to this Life In Bloom community.
- When linking up please copy and paste in the actual url of your post not just your blog url, so we can find your post later.
- As a courtesy, please link back, or copy and paste the code for the button provided in the right side column, and add it to the bottom of your post so others can find the Life In Bloom community.
- As a way to build up the sisterhood here, please visit a person or two ahead of you in the link up, then everyone feels a part of the sisterhood.
Let’s bloom together!