Parents and children, join your experienced tour guide Doc on a journey through different books of the Bible!!
Pastor Patrick Schwenk, hubby of Ruth Schwenk, founder of The Better Mom, has written an awesome resource called The Dig for Kids that enables parents to easily and systematically teach their children God’s Word in a fun, engaging format that kids will really LOVE! I can’t wait to use this book for my boys.
What I love about The Dig For Kids
- Its quick & easy
- Its a fun way to get kids in the word and learning to apply it to their life
- Its done for me
- My kids will love it!
Here is what each lesson in The Dig will include:
1. The Map: Each lesson has a map. The map tells you and your child where you’ll be going in each lesson. It is a short summary of the study ahead.
2. The Dig: The Dig is the main passage you will be studying. Following each passage will be several questions designed to help conversation and understanding. They are meant to be a guide. You can use them or tweak them to help you talk with your children.
3. The Treasure: The Treasure is the big idea of the lesson. In a short statement, it is what you want your child to remember from the passage you studied.
4. The Display: When an archaeologist finds a treasure, they will clean it up and put in on display for everyone to see. This is the basic idea of the Display. It is the application of the Treasure you have found. This is a great opportunity to discuss with your child how he or she can live out the truth of God’s Word for everyone to see.
Then after each 6th lesson there is The Oasis, which is a chance to review what your child has learned so far. You can make it your own and make it fun. A quiz and coloring activity are provided, and you can provide the prize! You’ll also notice there are key verses in each section. Memorizing God’s Word is a great way to hide God’s Word in the heart of your child and also to reinforce what your son or daughter is learning.
**You can purchase the ebook in PDF, Kindle and Nook formats, over at The Dig For Kids site for only $4.99!
You can enter to win your own copy of The Dig For Kids right here!
How To Enter: Leave one comment below letting me know why you would love to win The Dig ebook and a winner will be chosen after Sunday 12:00 AM PST.