Have you lost your shine–that sparkle within you? Maybe you have forgotten about that unique thing that wakes you up in the morning, and keeps you up at night, the motivator that brings you to a place of joy like nothing else can?
Comparison and expectations of what we think others want from us kills our creativity and our shine.
I am learning this the hard way.
We were all created with uniqueness that is sometimes waiting to get out, but we can get so busy comparing ourselves that we end up cutting ourselves short of a beautiful abundant life. That life that really shines.
The other day I had a light bulb moment not long after writing that “50 things about me list”. It was the part about creating, about making jewelry with my mom, about brainstorming ideas, and I sat stunned at the realization that it has been so long since I have truly created art. I had let an important part of me die along the way somewhere. The me that I thought I didn’t have time for, or was too practical for.
I have written a lot here on this blog about identity in Christ, and being all God created us to be. I have even taught Bible studies on the subject. But I am coming to see that this place of Christ-likeness is so much more than what we allow our minds to comprehend.
When we hold back all of our gifts and our longings, we really miss out on true Christ-likeness this life has to offer. We aren’t to be put in a box, and leave parts of us out. The blueprint of our life is imprinted deep within us and needs to be shared with others.
Honestly, there is part of me I have let die. Maybe it happened from loss and trauma in my life–I don’t really know. It’s the part of me that just wants to craft and create as unto the Lord. The part of me that likes to paint up furniture, make jewelry, create art, and just do things that feed my soul and spirit.
What about you? Is there something that you have let die, or put on the shelf? Maybe you have had others tell you that what you long to do is foolish and not worthwhile. But if God himself created you and brought you into this world, then he desires to see you shine with your talents.
What would happen if we gave up our practical thinking, our “yeah-buts” and “what-ifs”, and began to let our deepest passions and convictions drive us to a place of true worship unto the Lord?
I venture to say that this world would be an awesome place as we experienced the fullness of God himself reflected through each other.
You Must Keep Shining
- If you are a server, then serve in ways you are longing to explore.
- If you are an artist, let yourself create art that is waiting to be expressed.
- If you are an encourager, then encourage in ways that are new and fun for you, and don’t hold back.
- If you are a leader, then lead with deep conviction so others can follow your example.
- If you are a speaker, then speak with words that are truth, deep and real, and from the deepest part of your heart.
- If you are a writer, then write what is waiting to get out, not what you think others want you to say, but what God is asking you to say.
- If you are a mother, then be the mother only you can be for your children, not the one others say you should be.
- If you are a wife, then be the only wife you can be for your husband.
And…If you are a daughter of the Most High King, then abandon others opinions and be all that God has intended you to be.
We all need you–we all need your voice and your talent and your beautiful art.
And now it’s also time for our weekly link up…
Life In Bloom Link Up
For those who are joining in to link up today, feel free to link up any post that celebrates your life in bloom! This can be any post from the week on faith, parenting, marriage, recipes, homemaking tips, or something you feel will be a blessing to this Life In Bloom community.
- When linking up please copy and paste in the actual url of your post not just your blog url, so we can find your post later.
- As a courtesy, please link back here, or copy and paste the code for the button provided at the bottom of this blog page, and add it to the bottom of your post so others can find the Life In Bloom community.
- As a way to build up the sisterhood here, please visit a person or two ahead of you in the link up, then everyone feels a part of the community.
Let’s bloom together!