These easy Crockpot country style bbq ribs are one of our family favorite dinners! With summer coming, it’s always nice to have meals we can leave and let go, while we are gardening and playing outside. Then to come in the house with the aroma of bbq ribs cooking–there is nothing like it. Not only are these Crockpot country style bbq ribs lip smacking good, but so simple everyone will think you slaved for hours in the kitchen!
Crockpot Country Style BBQ Ribs
- 2-3 pkgs Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs- depending on mouths to feed, and size of your Crockpot.
*Tip: Choose ribs with a nice amount of fat. If you choose country style ribs that are really lean they end up dry. The fat helps them be really moist.
- 1-2 onions sliced
- garlic powder
- 1-2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Our personal favorite is Baby Ray BBQ sauce (its gluten free)
How To Cook Crockpot Country Style BBQ Ribs
1. Layer pork ribs in Crockpot and as you layer them, season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onions.
2. Pour water over the ribs, enough to almost cover them completely. (leave room for the juices and fat that will come to the surface from the ribs.)
3. Cook ribs on high in Crockpot for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 until very tender when poked with a fork. They should be falling apart. Check periodically and move them around so they all get cooked well.
4. Remove ribs from all the fat and juice within the Crockpot and place in an un-greased baking pan. I leave behind any big pieces of fat that have fallen off the meat.
5. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs till they are generously covered.
6. Bake covered at @375 for about 30 min or until sauce has had a chance to heat and saturate the meat.
These ribs make great leftovers and freeze well. I like to serve them with veggies, corn on the cob and salad. I know you and your family will love these Crockpot country style BBQ ribs. They are perfect for a big group as well. Trust me they will be begging for more!