The color black is a classic home decorating accent that will compliment well with all other colors. Black color schemes add so much depth and contrast anywhere you decide to use it. Do you like to use black color combinations in your home? We are going to explore some ways to use black throughout your home.
The Color Black Is
Where can you use black in your home?
- Black can be used in many of your furnishings through out your home.
- Black is great as an accent with any color.
- Black can be used in furniture, floors, wall decor, lamps, and textiles.
Facts About Black
- Black is really not a color, but the absence of color.
- When we wear black it is sophisticated and powerful. We seem to have more respect for people wearing black clothing. Black will make us look thinner, and that’s a good thing!
- Black makes all other colors show up better.
Black Color Scheme Ideas For Every Room
Don’t you just love this aqua blue and and black color scheme? It is fresh, fun and classic all at the same time.
Painting a dresser in black paint make a strong presence in a bedroom or anywhere you want to add some weight to a room.
Have you ever considered painting your trim moulding in black? This classic vintage black and white bathroom is beautiful with black trim.
Black hardware is a nice touch on any painted furniture piece. You can also add black handles to kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
I have always loved this photo from Pottery Barn. The soft blue wall with black and white photos is a beautiful black color scheme.
The black and white checkered floor and a black island balance well with all the white space in this kitchen.
And of course with the popularity of chalkboard paint, you can create all kinds of projects or paint an accent wall in chalkboard paint and add some fun to your home!
So what about you? How do you use black color schemes in your home?