Here we will talk about cottage bedroom decorating ideas. As with any bedroom this should be the room we focus on making comfortable and relaxed. Then giving it that cottage flair and twist to make it fun and flirty.
You will want to use cottage colors as with all other rooms in your home. However you can play around with the colors here. Depending on the light in the room.
Make sure you use colors that are easy on the eye and make you feel good and very relaxed. To keep the room looking “cottage” be sure to add a lot of white, and painted elements, to give it that perfect bungalow feeling.
Cottage Style Bedding
For bedding ideas, you could use
- New and antique quilts.
- Organic cottons, and chintz fabrics
- Vintage inspired chenille bedspreads,
- Mixed and matched patterns such as: stripes, solids, paisleys, and florals.
- Duvet covers are a great option for adding color and an easy change to your bedding.
For a cottage bedroom, wood pieces that appear older and worn a bit are perfect. Wrought iron headboards and footboards painted white make a real statement for a cottage style bedroom. Furniture accented with beadboard is perfect for this bedroom style.
Use your creativity to add an interesting and cottage style headboard.
- You can use an old door or louvered door turned horizontally
- Use picket fencing
- Make an upholstered headboard
- Use an old or new dressing screen as a headboard.
- Paint a section on the wall behind your bed to create a headboard.
Cottage Style Accents
End Tables and Benches can be made from many different types of items.
- You could use wicker, wood, or wrought iron.
- Use intersting items such as: Stacks of old suitcases and hatboxes.
- Use mirrors and old window frames.
- Add an old wood chair as an end table or to set in a corner of the room.
- Be sure to add interesting lighting such as cottage style chandeliers, lamps and sconces.
- Use beadboard on walls or as accents on your furniture.
- Add old chests and garden style benches for interest.
- Always add in antiques and flea market finds, such as vases, and perfume bottles, old purses, and water pitchers. All these things add
a vintage appeal to your room.
The possibilities are endless. Use your imagination when decorating your cottage bedroom, and make it a room full of your own personal style.