I created this Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder recipe a few weeks ago, so I could use some of our fresh garden corn. It turned out so delicious and I will be making it again even if I don’t have fresh corn, as it can be made with canned or frozen corn as well. This is the perfect time of year for this comfort food soup! I hope you give it a try.
Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 -16 oz. containers of chicken broth
- 4 cups of pre-cooked chicken shredded in large chunks or chicken breast chopped (I used chicken I had previously cooked in my crock pot and pulled off the bone.)
- 5 cups of fresh, canned or frozen corn
- 1 pkg. sliced bacon, chopped, pre-cooked and drained
- 2- 15 oz. cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I used 2- 13.66 0z Thai Canned Coconut milk to make this recipe dairy free, and give it a different flavor. It was very good! Feel free to use whatever milk you like)
- Garlic powder
How To Make Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder
- In a large soup pot combine chicken broth and chicken and heat to a simmer.
- Add corn and black beans.
- In a small bowl make a rue to thicken soup. Just stir together 2-3 TBSP of flour and some drops of water till it is the consistency of thick cream. Pour the rue into the simmering pot and whisk in to thicken soup slightly.
- Add bacon and milk.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Once all the ingredients are heated through and well combined serve in bowls with a side salad and bread!
I hope you enjoy this wonderful chowder. It was a big hit in our home and I hope it will be for yours as well!