Using the color blue in rooms of our house, is as effortless as the color itself. I couldn’t wait to share some blue color combinations to inspire you to create soothing spaces that are sure to make everyone feel relaxed and comfortable in your home. I have gathered up some inspiration photos, so that you can create beautiful rooms using blue color schemes.
The Color Blue is…
Cool and Soothing
Tranquil and Refreshing
Peaceful and Relaxing
Restful and Calm
Where should we use Blue Color Schemes?
- The color blue is perfect for any room where you want to feel relaxed and calm.
- You may want to use varying combinations of blue throughout your home, mix it up and create different color combinations.
- Why is the color blue so popular? It’s an all-American favorite, and a lot of people choose some shades of blue in their home.
- Blue is a safe color that we associate with the dreamy sky and the refreshing sea. We also wear a lot of blue in our denim clothing. If you think about it, we are surrounded by shades of blue most of the time.
- The color blue actually has the ability to slow down respiration and heart rate, so it is very good to calm highly active people.
Blue Room Ideas
This is a great blue color combination with the warm orange to balance out the soft blue.
The color blue can make a statement like this central kitchen island.
Sometimes one patterned chair in classic navy and white combo can be all you need to make a bold statement.
You can create romance by adding soft pink with blue for more of a Shabby Chic look.
Aqua blue is very popular right now, and this girl’s bedroom is proof of how fun this shade of blue can be.
Aqua also pairs so well with orange for a perfect color combination in this entryway.
The simplicity of blue and white is classic and elegant as in this living room. I love the striped curtains and large tufted ottoman.
The aqua blue and yellow-green combos of this bedroom give a sea inspired tropical feel and an entirely different kind of mood and atmosphere.
Red, white and navy blue color combination is a classic trio that never goes out of style. What a fun family room, I love those polka dot pillows!
You really can’t go wrong decorating with the color blue. The ideas for color combinations are endless, so have some fun playing around with blue color schemes.
What about you? Do you love blue in your home?