I love calling the kids in from playing outside and welcoming them with a healthy snack. My goal for our family foods, is to find fun and yummy ways to eat healthy.
The other day I came up with these fun apple ring snacks that have been a big hit almost every day since! There is no end to all the different combinations of toppings for these crunchy and delicious apple treats.
How To Make Apple Snack Rings
- Slice apples into 1/4 inch thick slices across horizontally
- Use a melon ball scoop out center to remove any core or seeds.
- Spread each apple slice with peanut butter or thick caramel sauce.
- Put out a variety of toppings and let the kids add toppings to their apple rings
Here are some of the apple topping combinations we came up with…
1. Peanut butter,walnuts,chocolate chips
2. Caramel sauce,*Sundrops or M&Ms,chocolate chips
3. Peanut butter,*Sundrops or M&Ms
4. Peanut butter, dried cherries, and chocolate chips
*Other toppings that are good are coconut, raisins, peanuts, and white chocolate chips.
(I personally use all organic ingredients and all natural *Sundrops to keep our snacks as healthy as possible.)
I hope you enjoy making these apple snacks along with your kids. I can guarantee happy smiles, sticky fingers and satisfied tummies!