Please welcome a sweet friend of mine Stephanie as she shares her family favorite Apple Crisp Recipe with us today. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post and see her beautiful family and the sweet little addition that just arrived this past week!
Fall is here.
The trees are changing colors.
The weather is cooler.
Oh there is something about the smell of fall. I love it.
We have an apple tree in our yard that produces much.
We make apple butter.
We make apple sauce.
We just pick the apples and eat them.
Our favorite thing is apple crisp!
The aroma that is left in the house after baking is amazing!
Today I am sharing the recipe I use.
Ingredients for Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 medium sized apples peeled and sliced ( Depending on how big of a pan you use will make a difference on how many apples you use and how big the apples are/)
- 1/2 cup ~ flour (flour can be white or wheat)
- 1/2 cup ~ quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 ~ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 ~ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 ~ cup butter, softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of 9×13 pan.
- Layer sliced apples in pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Spread mixture over apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Serve with ice cream, or milk.
(side note ~ I have found that warming the milk when serving is best. That way the apple crisp doesn’t get cold fast. )
Stephanie is a homeschooling mom of 5 little blessings, one of which just arrived this past week! You can find Stephanie blogging at Bowmania where she shares about her busy blessed life. You can find her writing about the family’s daily life as they build a home and a brand new life after losing their house in a fire this past January.
5 lbs 3/4 oz
18 1/4 inches