This chicken antipasto chopped salad is a family favorite in our house. I created this recipe after having a similar one in a favorite hometown restaurant. This salad is sufficient as a meal and you can add your favorite garlic bread with it for a perfect lunch or light dinner.
- Romaine lettuce chopped fine
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Olives sliced
- Chicken breast precooked, seasoned to taste, cooled and chopped. *OR…I use precooked Hormel Natural Choice Chicken Breasts (they are GF)
- Sliced Italian Salami cut in thin strips *For GF I use Columbus Italian Dry Salami
- Mozzarella hand grated
- Feta Block crumbled *Most cheeses are GF if purchased in the block form and grated or crumbled by hand
- Italian Dressing *For GF I use Newman’s Light Italian Dressing
*Other ingredients that are good in this salad are red onion and cucumbers. You can make your own variations!
Add above ingredients into large bowl
Add lettuce and chicken…
Then salami and olives….
Toss all ingredients together
Right before serving toss the antipasto chicken salad with enough salad dressing to coat lightly.