50 things you might not know about me
- I love people watching at airports and public places.
- I can’t read with noise going on around me.
- I am not much of a smart phone user. I have one, but don’t like the distraction.
- I have lived in Africa and Lebanon and moved all over as a child.
- My Dad was a Bible teacher and I grew up a missionary kid.
- I was born in Dallas TX, and love Mexican food!
- I stayed in the castle of one of the in-real-life Von Trapp (Sound Of Music) sisters in Austria.
- I have been in a real pyramid in Egypt.
- I lived in an Airstream trailer as a child. Does that make me vintage?
- I have been creating some kind of art with my hands since I was a little girl and don’t plan to stop.
- I learned how to “rise to the occasion” from my grandmother.
- I have learned how to “take the lemons of life and make lemonade” from my mom.
- I am not athletic or competitive.
- I hate math and bookkeeping.
- My husband is my biggest cheerleader.
- People used to say I looked like a blonde Marie Osmond when I was in high school.
- I was born singing. I wake up with a song in my head every morning.
- I have a thirst for knowledge, and want to instill that in my kids.
- The day I stop learning is the day I die.
- I love color and color theory.
- I am a perceiver and feel deeply.
- I like the excuse to get dressed up once in a while.
- I crave sunshine in the Northwest winters.
- I wish I could wave a magic wand and have all my house projects done.
- My first business was making handmade jewelry with my mom and our first client was Nordstrom.
- I am a moody writer. The inspiration has to hit and the atmosphere be right.
- I have this blog to inspire others in their homes and hearts.
- I have a hard time with boring routines. Um exercise? Really hard.
- I forget to take vitamins.
- I was homeschooled when no one homeschooled. There were two curriculums available.
- I love to cook and bake as an act of love to my family.
- I get a thrill from teaching my kids and nurturing their minds.
- I can’t sleep when I get new ideas. I get a lot of new ideas.
- I fill notebooks with ideas.
- I have two babies in heaven.
- I was a ballet dancer.
- I was a dental assistant before I had kids.
- I am a sucker for romance movies and my husband will watch them with me.
- Favorite fiction writer is Karen Kingsbury.
- I have a hard time finishing a non-fiction book.
- The highlight of my dance career was performing in Disneyland at age 13.
- I love celebrating life’s small events and simple joys.
- God is teaching me about contentment.
- I don’t like big groups or big parties.
- My idea of a good time is a talk over coffee with a friend–you want to join me?
- I love a new challenge–my latest is to live debt free.
- I can’t help but encourage others and share ideas.
- I have overcome tragedies to find triumph.
- I am sometimes misunderstood for being serious, but I love to be silly too.
- My childhood nickname was Neecy.
I hope you learned a little bit more about me, and now remember it’s your turn. Be sure to leave me a comment and tell me a thing or two about you.
And now it’s also time for our weekly link up…
Life In Bloom Link Up
For those who are joining in to link up today, feel free to link up any post that celebrates your life in bloom! This can be any post from the week on faith, parenting, marriage, recipes, homemaking tips, or something you feel will be a blessing to this Life In Bloom community.
- When linking up please copy and paste in the actual url of your post not just your blog url, so we can find your post later.
- As a courtesy, please link back here, or copy and paste the code for the button provided at the bottom of this blog page, and add it to the bottom of your post so others can find the Life In Bloom community.
- As a way to build up the sisterhood here, please visit a person or two ahead of you in the link up, then everyone feels a part of the community.
Let’s bloom together!